Friday, December 12, 2008

passenger

no, i am not making reference to the Antonioni film, though this is my plug to see it. It's good. Instead, I am references my introduction to Iggy Pop. here's a detailed rundown:

I walk onto set with the Executive Producer (aka my boss). We go inside, through the set which is in an alleyway. She says hi to a bunch of people and then approaches Iggy who is casually sitting in a chair. He smiles, they banter. She says "This is my Intern Casey". He says "Hello nice to meet you". He shakes my hand. We banter as a group about travel. He does his scene. I watch. I commend him on a great job, and he says "Thanks" and smiles politely.

All in all it was very anti-climatic. We talked to his wife a bit about Mexico City, and Gabriella's troubles with shooting Romeo and Juliet (the Danes/DeCaprio joint). I leave for my work Christmas party. It was fun. I am really glad that he is so personable and nice, especially when you consider his influence on punk music and music in general. I guess I was expecting someone more jaded and drugged out. What a pleasant surprise.

No comments: