Sunday, April 12, 2009

Adventureland and Doc Suggestions

hey hey, so i got caught up with my watchmen list that I haven't posted in awhile. my bad. I've seen a lot of movies since my last post. We've been on a bit of a doc frenzy, some suggestions if you are in the mood are: Our Daily Bread (the lack of narration nuances the images of how farm rendered food is made perfectly). Gimme Shelter is another triumph for the Maysles brothers. Hell House is a Christian fundamentalist doc that is both humorous and frightening. Killer at Large is a doc that focuses on America's obesity problem. Ganja Queen had the whole store stop to watch the outcome of an Australian woman's trail for being caught with several pound of marijuana in Bali. Admittedly I watch the last one a bit ago but it blew my mind.

Adventureland was an enjoyable film. If you were looking for something as funny a Superbad, you'll be disappointed, but the soundtrack makes the film. I kind of have a crush on Kristen Stewart, so seeing her in Lou Reed tees added to the fact that I liked watching this movie. The acting was decently executed, and I left the film being glad I saw it but it's not something I would try to see again.

No comments: