Friday, August 14, 2009

so...

oh hey blog, what's up? I haven't seen you in a while, how have you been? Just kidding, but really i'm slacking on this thing! What is humorous is that i've been doing very little except watching movies but without the internet it's difficult to update. I could type it out on my Blackberry, but that's too arduous, and plus the typos would run more rampid than herpes at an ACDC concert, but I digress.

District 9
I scored free passes to see this one early, which already put me in a good mood. The movie itself did not disappoint, even though we had to wait 20 minutes before they got the thing running. The first half of the film is plot heavy, while the second half is action heavy which ended up working out quite nicely. The plot works to humanize the aliens, and the decision to yield on the action only works to build up the latter half. This build up and amazing execution renders pretty much the best results imaginable. It's like a roller coaster ride, and if I would have had to pay $13 to see it, it would most definitely be worth the it.

Well its late and I work, so I am going to shoot off 5 recommendations before I go:

Code Unknown
Juliet of The Spirits
House (Japanese)
Badlands
Towering Inferno

okay the last one isn't a good film per se, but it's so much fun to watch 70's disaster flicks! Did I just say "Shoot Off"? Yeah..i'm leaving...

No comments: