Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Days are seemingly bleeding into other days, and by the time I have a moment to write it all down i realize an entire week has passed. At any rate, a recap is necessary, but I am not making any promises in the way of chronology.

Jo and I went to go see Young People Fucking (the movie, perv). It was very hyped for me, so I thought it best to see it. In the end, it really did live up to what I was expecting, and its tongue-and-cheek approach to certain things with an honest approach to other really worked well. It 's a film that stay on one topic, while simultaneously showing how complicated it can be in a multitude of (heterosexual) experiences.

The other day there was a rainbow in the sky and Johannah said "aww there is a rainbow in the sky for pride...take THAT christians", which was amusing. Speaking of Pride, I must say that I am very exited for this weekend. Not only will I get to see the parade, but i'll also get to see many of my awesome friends.

I worked at two different stores this weekend, covering shifts, one on Queen St. W and the other on College. The one of Queen St. was fun, but my usual store on Bloor was definitely the best to be trained at. I like it.

I just watched Bickford Schmeckler' Cool Ideas, and I really liked it. It was quaint and the soundtrack was amazing (the faint did the first song, so i knew i'd like it). I heard of the film awhile ago in my Olivia Wilde crushing days so I was glad that my store had it. Woot Woot.

Speaking of the Faint. Their new albums comes out the 5th of August and I am very excited. They posted a new song on their myspace, which i never go on but I made an exception for them. I'd suggest listening the "The Geeks Were Right". For reals.

No comments: