Thursday, June 19, 2008

"Try to get the blonde, she looks like a young Monica Vitti"

Thank you in advance to Officer Wang, who kindly not only found my wallet and got in contact with my parents (which i am excited/surprised was in my wallet) but for the money that is still apparently still intact. Tomorrow I have to phone around, but I am confident it will be in my hands, and all will be well. I suppose I should thank some higher being, but in the end this just fortifies my belief in things working themselves out eventually.

Lately some have been commenting on my need to mention films in this blog, about my life here in Toronto. Since I am almost always a character of routine, I'll continue with said theme. I just watched The Squid and The Whale. Noah Baumbauch really had me wooed with Kicking and Screaming, and this film followed the same melange of wit and comedic sense of irony while simultaneously maintaining a consistent direction. Seemingly shocking elements are given a mundane twist through use of an overanalytical and unemotional dialogue which proves both interesting and entertaining. I really enjoyed the Monica Vitti reference too (obviously haha). In short, you should see this film.

I also watched the documentary Dig about The Dandy Warhols and Brian Jonestown Massacre. It was really really interesting, and I am glad that Dan from my work (shout outs) recommended it.

No comments: